I'm getting older. I feel my mortality bearing down on me each passing day. I know that, with age and experience, one is supposed to become wiser (Proverbs 16:31, Job 12:12) and I truly don't want to live out the rest of my life with the lens cap on. Life here on earth is too short for that. I want knowledge, understanding and wisdom because I want this gray head to "go down to the grave in peace" (1 Kings 2:6, Job 4:21). I want knowledge and wisdom so that I, like Solomon, can work within the people (2 Chronicles 1:10).
The Bible tells us that wisdom is granted to those that hear and receive it (2 Chronicles 1:12, 2 Chronicles 9:7 and 9:23) and both fear and obey Him (Psalms 111:10). Thinking about it, when I pray, I pray to my God for knowledge and wisdom than for anything else.
It all boils down to this instruction:
So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. (Psalms 90:10)
My question is this: how can one my age, who claims to seek knowledge and wisdom, fail to both see and address insanely obvious problems in their doctrine and world view?
According to the Cambridge University Press dictionary, the phrase "elephant in the room" has the meaning of " an obvious truth that is either being ignored or going unaddressed. The idiomatic expression also applies to an obvious problem or risk no one wants to discuss."
In this blog and podcast, I want to pick out five big elephants in the room. The presence of any one of these creatures should be deal-breakers for the so-called "conservative" mainstream Judeo-Christian today. For each elephant, I will list the reasons why we are instructed to walk around it. Finally, I want to end with some questions which should also be obvious: Are we unable to see them, or do we choose to ignore them? Are we blinded by their presence for a reason?
As always: don't just believe me, and prove to yourself that the things that I will reveal are indeed true (1 Thessalonians 5:21).
Elephant #1: Judaism and the Jews
I grew up believing that Jesus was Jewish in the modern sense, and practiced Judaism. I was told that today's Jews are relatives to Jesus, and are now blinded (but, someday, will see the Truth). Ask a mainstream pastor the obvious question: What makes a Jew: their religion or their ancestry? You will not get a coherent answer, because there simply isn't one. Jews today openly proclaim they do not share a common racial ancestry, and openly acknowledge that not all Jews practice Judaism. Moreover, rabbis and Jewish scholars confirm that the roots of Judaism (a term coined in the 15th century) are found in the ancient Pharisees.
- Jews believe that the "Jewish People" are an exclusive family, yet openly acknowledge that there is no ethnic or religious ties between them. They believe they can be either physical or spiritual descendants of Jacob (source) yet are often openly hostile to any "goyim" claiming either kind of descent to Jacob/Israel.
- Jews, "family" or not, do not generally encourage non-Jews (whatever that means) to become Jews. In their presumed homeland, occupied Palestine, Christians are persecuted. They are often spit upon, and Christian worship is often denied. (source)(source)
- 2000 years ago, Jesus called the Pharisees "vipers" destined for Hell (Matthew 23:33). Today, Judaism is traced to the ancient Pharisees (source). Therefore, Jesus today would not endorse Judaism.
- The term "Semitic" infers genetic kinship to Shem, one of the sons of Noah (source). Today's Jews often demand to be called "Semitic" in spite of this obvious problem: there are Jews from every ethnicity.
- The New Testament is considered "Anti-Semitic" in the Israeli state (source). Yet, Zionist Christian leaders maintain these Anti-Christ Israelis are God's Chosen People without a shred of biblical or historical evidence.
So, fundamentally, there is no such thing as Jews today. The vast majority of ancient Israelites never considered themselves "Jewish" or were Jews. Jesus Himself practiced the original, authentic Hebrew faith, according to the Law of Moses - not "Judaism." Contemporary Judaism is a heavily-corrupted version of the original Hebrew faith. Lastly, most contemporary Jews are not Israelites, according to their own scholarship.
Please refer to my blogs and podcasts entitled Jewish Fables and Judeo-Christianity Exposed! in which I address these problems and provide the proofs. It gets worse. If there is no such things as "Jews" today, then there is no prophetic significance to the establishment of the modern Israeli state in 1948, or a biblical requirement for the United States to unconditionally support the tiny little terrorist state. Please refer to my blogs an podcasts on The Jews in Prophecy Part One and Part Two.
I chose this elephant to be first for a good reason: the truth about Jews and Judaism is not easily seen by a great many people. Years ago, when something went missing or very wrong, a popular phrase used was "Yehudi did it!" The term "Yehudi" is Hebrew for the dominant tribe of the Southern Kingdom, Judah, later known as the Jews. You see, there was - less than 100 years ago - a recognition that mischief, trickery and deception is associated with the Jews. Have you heard of the Yehudi effect? It was an early form of "invisibility" used by U.S. aircraft in the 1940s, and how it was done is revealing: the aircraft used bright lights on the leading edge of the wings and fuselage to minimize the effect of the incoming dark silhouette against the sky in daylight. In other words: the idea was to hide the aircraft in plain sight! There is historically, then, a relationship between deception and camouflage to the word "Jew."
Do you know why we must walk around this elephant?
- If today's Jews are not the Covenant people, then the popular "last days" interpretation by mainstream Christians is falsified, and the vast majority of preachers today are wrong about Bible prophecy.
- If today's Jews are not the Covenant people, then there is no prophetic significance to the establishment of the modern Israeli nation in 1948, and believers today are not bound to "support Israel at any cost."
- Though they comprise only approximately 2% of the population of the western nations, contemporary Jews openly dominate banking, Hollywood and media. Moreover, they have a stranglehold on foreign policy. To challenge them is to challenge their dominance and influence. In some nations, it has become illegal to question the myths we are told about them.
- If the Jews today are not Israelites, and Judaism is not what the righteous Hebrews practiced, then Judeo-Christianity is a corrupted form of the faith, and is not authentic Christianity.
The term "Judeo-Christianity" is relatively new, and is a contradiction in terms. The hyphenation of Christianity, in fact, is less than 100 years old, and the process has poisoned the Kingdom-building mentality of the Church.
Elephant #2: Creation Science
That any thinking person can swallow Creation Science is astonishing. After all, imagine gathering and loading hundreds of thousands of animals - including the largest of dinosaurs - on one medium-sized wooden cargo ship held together with tree sap. Imagine all those animals being maintained for nearly a year by one family with no light or ventilation, upon seas so violent that entire mountain ranges and even continents were formed. Finally, imagine all these animals descending down a steep mountain face in order to make their way to the newly-formed continents, with dinosaurs ultimately dying in short order. Oh - do you believe that the Egyptian dynasties continued uninterrupted, in spite of the fact that every human being on planet earth was wiped out? This is actually what smart people are asked to believe!
Here is a breakdown of what the Christian is supposed to swallow:
- A geographically global flood occurred around 4500 years ago where all animals, insects, birds and human beings were killed except Noah, his family, and the contents of the ark. Freshwater fish are generally believed to have survived somehow.
- God created the entire universe in seven literal, consecutive 24 hour days.
- Adam was the first human being on planet earth.
- Literal, physical death for all living creatures began with the fall of Adam.
It is demanded that we believe these things, or we do not believe that the Bible "says what it means and means what it says." Many congregations proudly publish as part of their core beliefs the Creation Science doctrine:
"We believe in the special creation by God done in six literal days of the creation week and in the biblical record of history, including the literal existence of Adam and Eve as the ancestors of all people, the literal fall, the resulting divine curse on the creation, and the worldwide catastrophe, known as the Universal Flood. (Gen. 1:5-23; Ex. 20:11)" (http://www.egreenwood.org/about/beliefs/)
Question these four fundamental core ideas behind Creation Science and you will be cast out of fellowship in short order in many congregations, who pack paying believers into church buses to visit the Creation Science museum in Kentucky and play Ken Hamm videos for Bible Study on Wednesday nights.
Do you know why we must walk around this elephant?
- The flood must be geographically global in order for the Gospel of Jesus Christ to later apply to all peoples on planet Earth.
- Adam must have been the first human being on planet Earth in order to universalize the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Physical death for every living thing as a result of Adam's fall is required for the resurrection language of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to be universalized. Their "curse on creation" necessitates some unseen, unverifiable and profound physiological change affecting all living things in order to extend the promise of a future physiological change to all living things. This is their gospel: not the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
- A young-earth, literal seven day paradigm is required to support the creation/flood/last days events timelines of conventional dispensationalism.
"Not so!" exclaims most mainstream Christians. "It's what the Bible says!" But, is it really? I've spent a great deal of time refuting Creation Science in THEKINGDOMNOW.ORG, but here are the core arguments:
- The Hebrew word eretz, translated as "earth" in most English translations does not mean spherical planet Earth. As it is used, it simply means "land" (Strongs H776).
- The Bible does not say the water covered the tallest mountain (Genesis 7:20). The Hebrew word "har" does not necessarily mean "mountain" - it can mean "hill country" (Strongs H2022). In Babylon, har was used to describe ziggurats. In Genesis 7:19, the same Hebrew word is translated as "hill" in the King James.
- Adam appears to have been the first in a priestly line of a specific racial type - not all human beings. The Hebrew word used here is not iysh - the more common word translated as "man" in the Old Testament. It is adam: red or ruddy; having the ability to blush or show forth blood as any concordance will confirm. Indeed, the line of humans through which the Covenant man is found is through Noah (who was perfect in his generations) and included the red-headed Esau, the ruddy and fair David. The Bible confirms the appearance of these people as being fair (Job 16:16, Lamentations 4:7, Ezra9:6, Isaiah 29:22, 1Sam 16:12, 1Sam17:42, Song of Solomon 5:10).
- The Bible does not tell us that the universe was created in six literal 24-hour days. The Hebrew yom does not demand a literal 24-hour day. Creation Scientists are inconsistent with the usage of yom; after all, they also maintain that the day (yom) Adam died (Genesis 2:17) was not a literal day. We need only observe Creation to draw the rational conclusion that this Earth is very, very old.
- The Bible does not tell us that physical death for all living things began with the fall of Adam. After all, the death that Adam died the day he ate of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil was not physical death; he lived 930 years past his fall in the Garden (Genesis 5:5). Here is another case where the Creation Science idea for a 24-hour day is demanded. They are actually willing to stretch the period of a "day" to nearly a millenia! When God promised Adam he would die the day (yom) he ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, He did not lie: the death that Adam died that day could not have been physical.
- As the Hebrew eretz does not mean spherical planet earth in the context of the flood, kosmos (the Greek word used in the New Testament Gospel scope) does not demand a global interpretation in the context of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Elephant #3: Zionism
There are a nationalist people with nearly limitless funding, engaging in ethnic cleansing, White sex slave trade, international false flag operations and terrorism. Instead of these people being put on a list of our enemies, we are asked to support them without fail. Zionist entities like AIPAC have a stranglehold on US foreign policy, and mainstream Judeo-Christians have become their dancing dogs. Uncritical acceptance of dual-citizenship Jewish council at the highest levels of our government is demanded, as more than $10 million per day is piled on top of our current 18 trillion national debt.
The profound depth and breadth of Zionist deception, from Theodor Hertzl to Benjamin Netanyahu, can fill volumes. Christ-denying, Zionist Jews have attacked and killed our sailors, bombed our buildings, sold our technology and used our resources to torture and euthanize the indigenous peoples of Palestine. Theirs is a rabid, warmongering pathology that is shared by mainstream Judeo-Christians. Ultimately, the blood of our sons and daughters will be required of them while we hail them as being our future rulers in a coming Millennium!
Here are some weighty facts about the presumed "Chosen People" that you will not hear from mainstream pulpits today:
- The current Israeli state, as an international condition of their existence, must comply with UN resolutions. As of this date, it has ignored 45 United Nations resolutions. Consequently, it is currently occupying Palestine illegally.
- The current Israeli state no longer qualifies for acceptance into the United Nations yet has significant influence in its policy making.
- The current creation of "Jewish settlements" in the West Bank (including the demolition of Palestinian orchards, housing and infrastructure) is in violation of international law and constitutes war crimes.
- The demand for the creation and maintenance of a "uniquely Jewish state" has resulted in the genocide and deportation of a defenseless Arab majority (which includes Christians) with few outcries from the mainstream churches. Words like Jewish apartheid, ethnic cleansing and racism are carefully avoided.
- The Israelis do not call themselves "Israelites" and are largely atheistic.
- The Israelis have laws against interracial marriage, and ownership of land or property by non-Jews.
- The Israelis demand Arab compliance with UN nuclear inspections, but disallow the UN access to their own nuclear inventory. In fact, the Israelis refuse the sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (while demanding its neighbors comply with it).
- The modern Israeli state has no prophetic significance. Please review my blogs and podcasts "The Jews in Prophecy" (Part 1 and Part 2) for biblical and historical proofs.
Lack of space and time prohibits me from continuing, but any one of these problems should be a deal-breaker for the mainstream Judeo-Christian that knows his Bible. For any moral person, Zionism is a racist double-standard, and the Zionist state is engaging in Nazi-like genocide against the Arab peoples with near-absolute impunity.
Zionism is not just a Jewish problem, because a sizeable (and growing) number of Jews oppose it. In fact, Zionism would not exist if it were not for "fundamentalist" Judeo-Christians in the United States. The little terrorist state would collapse instantly were it not for the continuous stream of funding it gets from the West and illegal sources. Zionism is consequently an evidence that mainstream Judeo-Christianity is not authentic Christianity.
Do you know why we are expected walk around this elephant?
- The Jews have historically been a parasitic people, relying on unquestioned acceptance by their hosts to survive and grow in number. The illegitimate, criminal Zionist state of "Israel" is no exception: the tiny terrorist nation alone currently obtains more foreign aid from the U.S. than the entire western hemisphere combined.
- Myths such as the Nazi "holocaust" and perpetual unwarranted persecution of the Jews for over 1000 years have built up the Zionist cause as a kind of payoff. Their power is in the myth of perpetual persecution.
- The ignorant goyim within Judaized Christianity will passionately support any "return to the land" trigger point for the dispensational "last days" scenario. If today's Jews are not the Chosen People, mainstream dispensational eschatology completely falls apart.
Elephant #4: American History
There is a reason why I no longer hold my hand to my heart and recite the Pledge of Allegiance, and why I don't vote. You see, I was once told that the United States was a "Christian Nation" founded on Christian principles. I was led to believe that the U.S. Constitution is an Inspired document and that God is on our side. I was a "patriot."
I was told that Columbus discovered America "for you and me" in 1492 (I can still sing the song that was pounded in my brain in the mid-Sixties). I believed that this nation should be a refuge for the "wretched refuse" and that the evil whites stole this land from the "native Americans" and cannot possibly understand the plight of the American Negro. I believed the lies about the Civil War, both World Wars and Viet Nam even while I joined the militia movement and questioned the mainstream account of Ruby Ridge, Oklahoma City and Waco. It was a bitter pill for me to swallow: the United States of America has already sunk into same depraved state as every other willfully disobedient, Christ-denying nation has in the past. I am a citizen of a country that my forefathers did not fight and die for.
American history has been revised by those in power and reinforced in our academic institutions for years. Here are some facts about American history that I was not taught:
- There were a great number of Irish slaves long before the enslavement of African Negros in the United States. Moreover, the Negros were generally treated better than the Irish and more expensive to buy. The great sin of slavery is worse that we can imagine: Irish women were forced to breed with the black Africans to produce a sellable mullato breed.
- Abraham Lincoln was an evil man, did not free the slaves, and was not generally in favor of extending equal rights to Black Americans. The Civil War, at least initially, was not about slavery at all.
- The Constitution authorized the United States treasury to create its own currency, for free. On December 23, 1913, the U.S. Congress elected to give its control over to a private, central bank: the Federal Reserve. It has been paying fantastic amounts of interest ever since to stockholders in major banks by you.
- The Constitution cannot be a "Christian document" for many reasons. Here is only one: Article 6 of the United States Constitution declares itself to be the "supreme law of the land" - not the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob!
Pastor Ted Weiland presents the logical problem in his Bible Law vs. the United States:
"If you are a Constitutionalist, you must consider any law contrary to the Constitution – including Biblical law – to be null and void." (Source)
- The United States is complicit in the murder of Sadam Hussein, Qaddafi, Arafat, Chavez, Bin Laden and other figures that it actually financed and brought to power. It engages with impunity in the inhumane torture of anybody it determines to be a "terrorist" - against international treaty - at the cost of $14 million per day.
- Americans are taught to revere terrorists like Nelson Mandela. They are to ignore the fact that George W. Bush is a convicted war criminal by the Hague Court. They are taught to ignore the fact that President Lyndon B. Johnson ordered a coverup when the Israelis attacked the U.S.S. Liberty in 1967. As I write this, it is Martin Luther King Day. His voice is all over the media, and government offices are shut down in observance of this plagiarist Communist and sex addict.
- Early American colonists considered themselves Israelites, and governed themselves according to Levitical Law as found in the Bible.
- Hebrews could be found all over the current North American continent as far back as 1000 BC. Evidences of White civilization in ancient America is abundant. American history did not begin with Columbus, nor are the ethnically dissimilar "Native Americans" indigenous to this land.
- The Declaration of Independence did not extend equal rights to all peoples, but to their own progeny (literal descendants). It appealed to the Supreme Judge (God) but the Constitution did not.
- The people of the United States have always been manipulated into international wars, including both World Wars. The obvious, admitted lies leading up to the Iraq and current Afghanistan wars were not the first: they were lied to about the Germans, the Treaty of Versailles and our government's knowledge of a Japanese strike. Adolf Hitler was not a purely evil tyrant, hell-bent on destroying the Jews in some "final solution." Hitler certainly did not want war.
Do you know why we are expected walk around this elephant?
- The United States is the imperialist enabler of serial wars and central bankers. To expose its aims is to threaten to expose those that wish to control and enslave us while enriching themselves.
- Those who do the exposing are labeled "anti-government", "extremist" or even "domestic terrorist." People naturally want to avoid these labels.
- Patriots rally when there are evil figures to fight. Before this age of instant information, it was far easier for our government to propagandize and rally us 100 years ago. Now, in order for its criminality to continue, outright coercion and threats to personal health and safety is shamelessly employed. Any person with a moral core is now concerned about their health and welfare if they openly express an understanding of the situation.
- According to mainstream thought, to question the absolute authority of our government is to question the words of the Apostle Paul in Romans 13. Please refer to my blog and podcast Government Authority, which deals with this popular (but unbiblical and double-minded) idea.
Are you one of those professing Christians claiming that we're a "blessed nation" and the "greatest nation on the Earth?" If you are, then it's not clear to me what planet you're living on. Try sitting on a bench at WalMart, watching the people go in and out, and tell me you truly believe that.
We all know that the "victor writes the history books" and that nations with ill intent propagandizes, but we refuse to consider - even for a moment - that our own government is so corrupted that it can conspire against us. It can, it has, and it will, as long as it suits those who are in power.
Elephant #5: The Church
A few days ago, I was driving through my dying little town, noting the boarded up store windows, peeling paint and Indian-owned convenience store/gas station selling junk food and sour milk, I heard the sound of the Methodist Church playing an old Christian hymn on their steeple chimes. I wondered if I was the only one in the town that noticed the incongruity: while the congregation supposedly proclaims the triumphant, redemptive work of Jesus Christ in their personal lives, their neighborhood is crumbling around them.
Our churches teach that the words of the prophet Isaiah were fulfilled in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ:
He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it. (Isaiah 25:8)
Then, the preachers turn around and tell us that - though we live now in victory - the victory is in the future. On one hand, the resolution of life over (physical) death has been accomplished, but - on the other - we all recognize the reality and the imminence of physical death.
Christian leaders often behave as if they have access to the wisdom and understanding of Ascended Masters, but are incapable of defining and defending the very basics of Christianity. Though they are in constant disagreement with each other, they nearly all agree on the Gospel of Universalism and feed it continually to the sheep in the pews. Emerging ideas like the rapture are cross-pollinated and adopted into an amalgamated theosophy, which is loosely adopted as "scholarship" to be regarded as sacrosanct by any professing Christian.
Mainstream universalist doctrine can be compared to a slow-drip intravenous. Folks get seated in the pews on Sunday morning and start counting backwards, waiting for it to take effect. They crave their own reality, and see only what they want to see. For them, the "his people" of Isaiah Chapter 25 must include all peoples of every faith, nature and ethnicity, and will embrace any whim of doctrine which seems to support their gospel of inclusiveness.
- The Inspired Word is silent about the Bride of Christ being the modern idea of the Church. Yahweh was married to a specific people, Israel - not to a composite group of any believing people calling themselves "Christian." Therefore, the true Church is found within a remnant of a specific people - the Bride, who is the body, and Christ the head (Ephesians 5:23). Unless God is a bigomist, His union was with a remnant of one people only; the authentic Church of Jesus Christ (Yeshua).
- I won't pull any punches here: the mainstream dispensationalist congregations are in league with AntiChrist because of their alignment with the Zionist Israeli state, and their misidentification of today's (largely atheistic) Jews as being the "Chosen People."
- The Bible nowhere states- that the "Jews" are the Chosen People, and they are the Diaspora of the Bible. The fundamental problem is this: the terms "Jew" and "Israelite" are not interchangeable, and "Gentile" does not mean "non-Jew." Since the Gospel of Jesus Christ concerned the redemption of the Bride (Israel) to their Husband (Yahweh), and today's mainstream congregations have misidentified Israel, we have a very serious problem indeed. The extension of the promises to the Gentiles (Acts 14:27, 15:3) was not to non-Israelites, nor does the grafting language of Romans 11 or Ezekiel 37 provide for their inclusion.
- Contemporary Judeo-Christianity is not being salt and light in this dark world. They are, instead, contributing to the bloodshed, brutality and madness that characterizes the cursing of our Father in Heaven against His People (not the blessing!).
Do you know why we are expected walk around this elephant?
- The mainstream Judeo-Christian churches are proselytes for a gospel designed to include all peoples. For one to reject Judeo-Christianity, one is perceived as not caring for other peoples, or feel the need to facilitate their conversion to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
- To expose the numerous problems within the mainstream congregations is to call into question their presumed intellectual and moral high ground, or any God-given directive today. In reality, they have revealed no truly powerful insight or leadership, in spite of their self-proclaimed authority, for decades.
- It's personal. Everybody wants to feel that they belong to something important and meaningful. Within their congregations, they find a comfortable social structure. They are told that "God has a special plan for them" and that they can "turn the world upside-down" by reaching out with a message of uncritical love and acceptance. It's a manageable system where one's responsibility does not extend beyond bringing a hot dish, meeting like-thinking people and dropping the kids off for basketball. They sing Onward Christian Soldiers, listen to endless sermons about putting on the armor of God but, in reality, have a hands-off attitude with regard to their community and their declining national condition. To question their structure and their script is to question them in the a form of personal attack, which - to them - is morally wrong and "un-Christian."
In the approximately 40 years I have been a Christian, I've seen that as the congregations get larger, minds become smaller. The focus is more on activities and the charismatic pastor and staff, because the perception is that if the organization is growing then it must be in conformance with the Will of God. Though they have largely become indistinguishable from the world, they can't see it. In their blindness, they believe they are part of the Church, when they are not - and they like it that way:
The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof? (Jeremiah 5:31)
Most Judeo-Christians would wince to think their circle of fellowship could suffer the same fate as the seven churches of Asia (Revelation Chapter 1). In reality, they have already fallen, and the true Church has long since gone underground.
There is a time to reason, and there is a time to cry out, like the prophet to Bethel. This is a time to cry out, because reason escapes so many now.
Ask yourself this: if a person misses any one of these big issues, how wrong can they be in other things? Big things?
It's human nature that we delight in being fooled by illusion and deception. The trickster, the clown, and the magician have since the most ancient times made their living on that fact. They amuse and delight us as they plot our destruction. They depend on us to have faith as we place our head in a guillotine, and we are actually proud of our willingness to do so! But, like any magic trick, some can see through the illusion that leads to tragedy, and some can't. If it weren't for those that have eyes to see, and ears to hear, the deceivers would never fail.
Are we unable to see the elephants in the room, or do we choose to ignore them? I have come to believe that a large percentage of people do not have the capacity to see what is plainly in front of them. Consequently, it won't do to be angry with them. As the old saying goes: " you can't pluck a chicken that has no feathers." It's not that these people aren't intelligent, or that they lack education. It's not necessarily that they aren't "nice" people. It may be that pastors are not given to them which feed them with knowledge and understanding (Jeremiah 3:15). It may be that God has withheld understanding and reason from them in Holy Judgment (Obadiah 1:8, Ephesians 1:17-18, Job 12:20, Job 14:4). If you don't believe God will do this to His people, I would encourage you to read Deuteronomy 28:28-68 carefully; unless our ageless God has changed His Mind, there is national Judgment upon His people in their disobedience. Don't get angry with me, because I'm appealing to the Word of God! There are people with a "revolting and a rebellious heart" which "have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not":
O LORD, are not thine eyes upon the truth? thou hast stricken them, but they have not grieved; thou hast consumed them, but they have refused to receive correction: they have made their faces harder than a rock; they have refused to return. (Jeremiah 5:3)
Of course, our God can (and does) respond to our persistent prayer for these people, but through the years I've found that much energy and time is wasted trying to reach them. There just is nothing there.
There are also those who can see the elephant in the room, but choose for now to walk around them. I have come to believe these are the people we must reach while we can. They can be identified by watching them react to the meat of the Word; you can see the glimmer in their eyes. It may take some time, but these are people needing your prayer. They are often caught in the Republican/Democrat and Conservative/Liberal paradigms, and are looking for a target for their concerns. I believe the bulk of those I meet in locally in the grocery store and barber shop fit into this category, but if you live in a "diverse" urban area, it's more likely you'll find the unreachable.
There are those that not only see the elephant in the room, but are actively involved in the care and feeding of the animal. These are the adversary: they know what they're doing and are committed. Debating or reasoning with them is fruitless. They deal in treachery. They're spoilers. Their condemnation is that they "love darkness rather than light" (John 3:19). They are not " passed from death unto life" (John 5:24) and may actually be ordained to condemnation (Jude 1:4). Remember, these people can also see you clearly.
Lastly, there are those that not only plainly see the elephant in the room, they refuse walk around it. When you find a person - any person - who will passionately drop everything to seek truth above all, you've found someone who not only has the capacity to understand, but will want more and more knowledge and wisdom. They have "broken the yoke." I love meeting and talking with these people, because they nearly always have valuable nuggets of knowledge and wisdom to pass on. They are Kingdom-builders, and will not bend their knee to the lying tyrants and shysters. These are people which are viewed by the world as being "extremist", immoral and potentially dangerous.
Turning back to the prophet Isaiah, and to a New Covenant promise given to a remnant of Israel:
Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped. (Isaiah 35:5)
You see, this great prophet was not confused: tied to the joy, peace and abundance which was promised to the people is understanding and wisdom. This understanding and wisdom was to be "the stability of thy times" (Isaiah 33:6) but is not to be found in the "spoilers" who "have broken the Covenant" (Isaiah 33:8) Don't miss this: this prophecy does not pertain to a future time. It pertains to our current time, our current condition, and our people.
Surely, there will be no revival in this land - or for our people - until our people humble themselves enough to seek knowledge and wisdom.
So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. (Psalms 90:10)